5 Things to Do in Oakland Township
June 3, 2019 | Community Highlights
Oakland Township is a charter township in the northeastern part of Oakland County. It is one of the oldest townships in Michigan and is a rural, wooded residential area. It is less populated than neighboring cities like Rochester, Romeo and Lake Orion. To help you plan fun family experiences, we’ve compiled a list of 5 things to do in Oakland Township.
1) Golfing. Oakland Township is home to six golf courses, both public and private. Hit the greens at Twin Lakes Golf & Swim Club, Myth Public Golf Course & Banquets, Blackheath Golf Club, Stony Creek Metropark Golf Course, the Wyndgate Country Club or Westwynd Golf Course. Tee times, rates, hours and membership fees (if applicable) vary, so make sure to check each golf course individually.
2) Nature Areas. Enjoy the outdoors by visiting one of the many parks, trails and outdoors spaces that call Oakland Township home! Run or bike the Paint Creek Trail, an almost 9 mile trail stretching from Rochester to Lake Orion. Other nearby areas include Stony Creek Metropark, Charles Ilsley Park, Cranberry Lake Park & Historic District and Lost Lake Nature Park. The Stony Creek Metropark offers play areas, a campground, a nature center, a lake and a treetop adventure!
3) Goodison Cider Mill. Does the fall weather have you craving cider and donuts? Open seven days a week from Labor Day until Thanksgiving, the Goodison Cider Mill has you covered! Try their world-famous pistachio nut bread or some traditional, fresh apple cider. You can even pick up some pumpkins for a fun fall afternoon. This is a place the whole family can enjoy.
4) Music in the Meadows. What is better than summer evenings spent with family, friends and music? Nothing. The Oakland Township Parks and Recreation hosts the Music in the Meadows concert series on select Fridays during the summertime. These concerts are free to all and held outdoors in the township’s local parks. Check out the Oakland Township Park and Recreation’s website for more information on days and times of the series!
5) Winter Carnival. Each winter, Oakland Township Parks and Recreation has a winter carnival – weather permitting. Bring the family for fun for all ages! Each year is a bit different, but you surely will not want to miss it. Whether it is ice skating, a winter scavenger hunt or the archery target shoot, you’re bound to have a blast!
Moving to Oakland Township soon? Check out our new homes at Wynstone South.
Leave a Response
You must be logged in to post a comment.