5 Things to do in O’Fallon, Missouri
April 23, 2019 | Community Highlights
O’Fallon is a growing city on the east side of Missouri. Located just outside of St. Louis, there are plenty of activities to partake in, things to see and people to meet. For families who have just made the move to O’Fallon or residents who have lived here for years, we’ve gathered a list of five activities in O’Fallon.
1) Watch a River City Rascals Game. With the weather getting nicer, we all want to spend more time outside to enjoy it while we can. Head down to the CarShield Field to catch some Minor League Baseball! The River City Rascals, based here in O’Fallon, is the home team to cheer loud and proud for. Winner of five Division Championships, we’re sure the Rascals will bring great entertainment and won’t disappoint.
2) Tour Zumwalt’s Fort. Zumwalt’s Fort is the actual location where Jacob Zumwalt welcomed local families who fled for shelter during the War of 1812. This recently reconstructed 48-acre park is home to Lake Whetsel, a picnic pavilion, a shelter house and a children’s playground. If you visit during the months of February through October, the lake will be open to the public for fishing!
3) Go Disc Golfing. Looking for an outdoor activity to do with friends or family? O’Fallon’s first ever disc golf course is open for business at The Fort. Go alone or challenge others to an 18-hole course of disc throwing in open fairway, rolling hills and even a wooden canopy. With course lengths of 4,290 to 5,957 feet, having a blast is irresistible! Super plus: open play is free to the public!
4) Get Active at Renaud Center. What if there was a way to get your entire family up and active all together? Luckily for O’Fallon residents, there’s Renaud Center. From swimming lessons and camps for kids to the fitness center and personal training for adults, Renaud Center offers convenient ways for the family to get active all year round.
5) Visit Veterans Memorial Walk. Veterans Memorial Walk, a one-of-a-kind monument located here in O’Fallon, is something all residents need to experience at least once in their life. This monument was dedicated as a place to honor all U.S soldiers back in 2001 and now hosts thousands of people every year. Not only is the site free to the public, it’s available for visiting all hours of every day. Visit today for memories that will last a life time.
Leave a Response
You must be logged in to post a comment.