Last month, we opened Marlee Woods, our newest community in Westland. Nestled near neighboring cities including Canton, Livonia, Wayne, Inkster and Garden City, Westland has lots to offer new homeowners – a convenient location and plenty of shopping, dining, and entertainment opportunities, just to name a few. If you’re considering moving to Westland, read on to learn what you’ll love about this great city!
1) Location. Westland is centrally located halfway between two big cities, Detroit and Ann Arbor. These cities have plenty of fun, family-friendly activities. Whether you’re into college or professional sports, living in Westland gives you a convenient distance from both the Big House and Comerica Park. You are also only 10 miles away from Michigan’s largest airport, Detroit Metro, which means you’re a quick jet from a weekend getaway or family vacation.
2) School District. Westland shares its school district with the neighboring city of Wayne. They offer gifted programing and AP classes for advanced students. According to Niche, the district ranks 20th out of 577 schools in Michigan for diversity! They also have an excellent teacher to student ratio, with 18 students to every 1 teacher.
3) Shopping. The city of Westland is home to many options for shopping, like the wonderful Westland Shopping Center. The Shopping Center has stores the whole family will love including JCPenney, Justice and Foot Locker. Nearby is the West Ridge Shopping Center, with favorites like Target, Petco and Bed Bath and Beyond. Westland is filled with places to get all of your necessities from clothing to groceries. It is also only a short drive to larger malls, like Twelve Oaks and Fountain Walk.
4) Restaurants. Westland is full of amazing restaurants. From chains to mom-and-pop joints, you’ll never be hungry! If you’re looking for great, local Italian food, try Deluca’s Restaurant. Or, if you’re craving brunch, Anna’s House. If you’re not sure what you want, but you’re definitely hungry, try Olympic Coney Island. They are sure to have something for everyone in the family. The locals recommend their Greek salad!
5) Entertainment. If you’re bored, Westland has a fully loaded movie theatre. We love the yummy popcorn and the constantly changing film scene there. Plus, popcorn and pop refills are free! If movies aren’t your thing, we also love all of the events the city of Westland hosts. From farmer’s markets and charity events to open skating and self-defense classes, there is always something happening! Check out the city’s website to view their full calendar.
Moving to Westland soon? Check out our community Marlee Woods to find new homes in Westland.