Home Decorating DIY: How to Make a Terracotta Pot Table
July 21, 2016 | Creativity & Design
Renae B., Lombardo Homes Division Sales Administrator, contributed to this story.
In this hot, sticky summer weather, there’s nothing I like more than spending the afternoon lounging by my swimming pool. While researching landscaping and decoration additions for my backyard, I came across this cute (and convenient!) DIY terracotta pot table.
I thought it was the perfect piece to put between my chaise lounges, and used it to stash my supply of sunscreen, sunglasses, and towels. If you prefer to soak up the sun in your garden, this cute table can be used to store gardening supplies, as well.
Follow these steps to create your own terracotta pot table.
What you need:
- Terracotta planter and saucer
- DecoArt Patio Paint (can be purchased at Michael’s, Jo-Ann Fabrics, Hobby Lobby, or Home Depot)
- Painter’s tape
- Paint brush
- Foam brush
- Stencils (optional)
- Glow spray paint (optional)
How to make it:
- Clean off the terracotta with a wet rag.
- Tape off areas for painting on the terracotta.
- Paint the inside rim and outside rim of both the planter and saucer.
- Once the paint on the saucer’s outside rim is dry, paint the inside bottom of the saucer. Set the saucer aside to dry completely.
- If you want to paint designs, tape stencils to side of planter and paint over the stencils. Carefully remove the stencils once the paint is fully dry.
- Let the saucer and pot dry 72 hours before use. If desired, spray paint part of the pot with glow paint.
- Once the paint is dry, you’re safe to put the saucer/lid on the pot without scratching the paint.
Once you find the ideal location to place it, your terracotta pot table project will be complete!
Did you make a terracotta pot table for your garden or patio? Leave a comment and let us know how it worked!