Summer is the perfect season to discover and complete new home DIY projects – especially bigger items like a fire pit or porch swing. If you’re looking to create a new and imaginative addition to your house, check out these seven home DIY project suggestions!
1. Rustic Headboard. You don’t have to be a DIY extraordinaire to build a professional-looking headboard. With this project from Sugar and Cloth, you can build a rustic, reclaimed wood headboard – no extensive woodworking required.
2. Backyard Fire Pit. One of my favorite places to spend summer evenings is by a campfire with a gooey s’more in my hand. Check out this project from A Beautiful Mess, which shows you how to build your own fire pit in just 4 easy steps.
3. Porch Swing. I love porch swings – there’s something so peaceful and relaxing about spending an afternoon on the swing with a good book and a pitcher of iced tea. Ana White and Shanty2Chic teamed up to create a porch swing that can be built in only a few hours.
4. Wine Crate Coffee Table. Wooden wine crates are great because they can be used for so much around the house. Vintage Chic’s wine crate coffee table caught my eye because of its rustic look, but also its functionality – you get a table and storage all in one project!
5. Black Pipe Coffee Bar Station. This project by Live Simply is more for the experienced DIY-er, but I love the look of the final product (the directions are straightforward and easy to follow, too). The shelving unit can easily double as a drinks stations for your patio during cookouts and bonfires!
6, Split-Photo Wall Art. Anyone not sure what to do with the stunning photos you took on your recent family vacation? House by Hoff shows us how to uniquely display your favorite photos without breaking the bank. Her entire project cost $10 – who can say no to that?
7. Large Wood Sign. If your porch or patio is missing that one piece to tie your décor together, consider adding a customizable wood sign. Christina’s Adventures created a large wood sign using plywood, trim wood, and Sharpie paint pen. I love this project because it’s so simple and can easily be customized to fit your family’s personality!