The holiday season is upon us! Still debating what to bring to your community’s holiday gathering, or looking to surprise your new neighbor with a small present? If you’re stumped on what to get them, check out our list of eight gift ideas for new homeowners in your life.
1) Personalized home sign. You can have this customized with their last name and closing date, or the date they moved in. It’s a great way to commemorate the start of their new chapter! Make it yourself or find one on Etsy.
2) New home Christmas ornament. If your neighbors are moving into their first new home, they may still be building their Christmas ornament collection. An ornament celebrating their new home is a perfect addition!
3) Apron and oven mitts. ‘Tis the season for baking, so surprise your neighbors with the tools to make this year’s batch of holiday cookies! Save them a trip to the grocery store and include ingredients for their favorite recipe. (Need ideas? Check out our 10 favorite holiday cookies.)
4) New toolbox. What’s worse than sitting down to assemble a new bookshelf for your study and realizing you don’t have the right tools for the job? Save your neighbors the headache by gifting them a new toolbox, equipped with all the necessities.
5) Wreath for the front door. As your neighbors work busily to unpack their belongings in their new home, they may not be thinking about decorating their porch for the holiday season. A new wreath will help them add a touch of holiday cheer to their home exterior – and doesn’t involve fighting with outdoor string lights.
6) Welcome mat. Keep the snow and slush off your neighbor’s foyer floor with a personalized welcome mat for their front porch.
7) Cleaning supplies. Moving is messy. The holiday season brings an influx of visitors and guests. Surprise your neighbors with a basket of cleaning essentials to help them get their home in tip-top shape for the holidays. (Bonus points if you offer to help clean.)
8) Pizza parlor gift card. Who wants to cook after a night of unpacking?