5 Favorite Activities in St. Charles
November 2, 2018 | Community Highlights
We’re excited to introduce the Villages at Sandfort Farm, our newest community in St. Charles! The Village at Sandfort Farm is a beautiful new community located on 125 acres of historic farmland in St. Charles. In addition to an area rich in history, the Villages at Sandfort Farm offers numerous community amenities including a swimming pool, walking trails, playground, and more.
The Villages at Sandfort Farm grand opens for sales on Saturday, November 10. There’s so much to do in the St. Charles area! Check out our favorite activities in St. Charles below.
1) Go back in time in downtown St. Charles. Downtown St. Charles was the shopping place of choice for explorers and pioneers in the 19th century, and the same can be said for today. Walk along the same brick-lines streets and shop and dine in the same buildings as residents and visitors did 200 years ago. Take an evening stroll along the Missouri River after eating dinner at one of the 25 restaurants, or bring the family to one of the downtown festivals, such as Festival of the Little Hills, the Fourth of July Celebration, or Christmas on Main Street.
2) Attend one of the local festivals. Charles hosts a variety of festivals and events throughout the year, including Festival of the Little Hills, Oktoberfest, Legends and Lanterns, and Saint Charles Christmas Traditions. Whether you’re looking for a craft show, spooky ghost town, or Christmas wonderland, you’re sure to find it in downtown St. Charles!
3) Enjoy the quiet of small-town life, with easy access to big city excitement. Charles is a 30-minute drive from St. Louis, making it a breeze to go to the city to work, watch the Cardinals or Blues play, visit the Arch, or shop and dine in one of downtown St. Louis’ many stores and restaurants.
4) Take a (nearby) weekend getaway to historic Missouri wine country. Travel down old Highway 94 to enjoy amazing wineries with great views, great wine, and great company. Need ideas for a weekend at the wineries? St. Charles has you covered with this itinerary for a three-day wine country getaway.
5) Stay active with an abundance of outdoor recreation opportunities. The Katy Trail, which runs alongside the Missouri River in downtown St. Charles, is a popular spot for walking, running, and biking. St. Charles is also home to numerous parks and swimming pools, offering plenty of activities for families close to home. If you’re feeling adventurous, go on a modern geocaching quest throughout St. Charles and discover the explorer within.
Leave a Response
You must be logged in to post a comment.